There is a 100% chance that the current trends and technology that are shaping the future of online eCommerce will lead to the next "online revolution" in the industry.
These technologies will disrupt the traditional internet paradigm by giving companies new options for interacting with their customers, streamlining their operations, and making their organisations more efficient. The companies that are able to quickly adapt and use these technologies will be in a stronger position to compete successfully in the altered environment of e-commerce.
1. Artificial intelligence (AI) and machine learning (ML): These technologies will be used to provide customers with a more personalised shopping experience, product recommendations, and to automate operations such as price setting and inventory tracking.
2. Augmented and Virtual Reality (VR/AR): These technologies are being used to create immersive and interactive shopping experiences for customers, allowing them to virtually try on clothes, see how furniture would look in their home, and a variety of other things. At the moment, these technologies are being used to give customers immersive and interactive shopping experiences.
3. Voice Commerce: The proliferation of voice assistants like Google Home and Amazon's Alexa is making it feasible for users to make purchases using only their voice. This method of shopping is gaining popularity among customers.
4. Social commerce: Customers are able to shop and make purchases without ever having to leave the social media platform thanks to the integration of e-commerce into social media platforms. This practise has recently been adopted by a great number of retail establishments, and its prevalence is only expected to increase over the course of the next few years.
5. Mobile commerce: The development of mobile-optimized e-commerce experiences is being driven by the growing use of mobile devices for online shopping. This involves the development of mobile applications as well as the use of mobile wallets for financial transactions.
6. With 5G networks and edge computing, businesses will be able to give customers real-time experiences that are faster, more reliable, and have less latency.
7. Internet of Things (IoT): IoT technology will allow organisations to link and communicate with a wide variety of devices, enabling them to collect and analyse more data to enhance their operations and services.
8. Logistics automation: Drones will lower shipping costs and speed up delivery times, which will make e-commerce easier for customers.
9. Blockchain: The technology known as "blockchain" is currently being investigated due to the possibility that it could improve the transparency, security, and efficiency of e-commerce transactions. It is possible to use this to build a decentralised and safe platform for making online payments and carrying out other activities associated with online business.
It's important to remember that these technologies are always changing. If you want to stay competitive in the eCommerce market, you need to make sure you're always up-to-date and able to make changes as needed.
According to statista.com "Augmented reality, voice search, and AI are some of the trends that are powering online retail forward in 2022"
Contact us today to schedule your coaching session and evaluate your current online business.