TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1. Webs.co.za hosts the clients' websites on hosting provider Teraco Data Enviroments and provides limited/controlled access to the Cpanel or Administrators Site of the website. Webs.co.za does not grant access, and an access agreement needs to be signed to opt in to access. We offer a managed hosting solution, all monitoring, maintenance and updates are provided therefore no cPanel access is provided
2. Webs.co.za is not limited to a maximum monthly data allowance for traffic or monthly disc space. The monthly traffic allowance for all Web Hosting services is 1,000 MB. It also includes email traffic of 500 MB. The client should clear unwanted and spammed emails from time to time to not exceed the monthly hosting space. In the case where a client needs more space, the client may request an upgrade to the next higher hosting service package. Hosting space is determined by the number of products in the package chosen.
3. We do allow clients to host at their own hosting company as long as the requirements for the new server meet our current web server setup. The website would also be hosted by Webs, and clients could host their own email server at their preferred host. Before moving/transferring a website away from our server, it's the client's responsibility to make sure that the new host meets the correct spec's and server requirements. We do not migrate or move a website to your new hosting company. It will be the new hosting company's responsibility to migrate the website and database. We will supply the server login details for the client after an indemnity document is signed and scanned or faxed back to webs.co.za. It would be the client's responsibility to facilitate and change the DNS records at the domain registrar in accordance with the new hosting company's records. When a website is migrated, certain licences must be bought to receive software updates. It is not webs.co.za's responsibility to update and support websites that have migrated away from our server.
4. In the case where clients do not renew their hosting and domain fees on the renewal date of our invoice, webs.co.za will suspend the website hosting and will not renew the domain. If the outstanding fees are not paid within 5 days of the expiration date, webs.co.za will terminate the website. For any late fees received after the due date, webs.co.za will also cancel the hosting and support. Clients need to contact us prior to the one-month cut-off date to transfer their domain and web data to their new hosting service provider. We do not supply support when the website is moved to a different host. Once a domain name expires, all the services associated with it will also stop functioning. This means that you cannot make any updates to the domain. When a domain or website is moved or migrated, the client needs to sign an indemnity form as described in point 23.
5.Our prices as advertised include one year of hosting, one main domain, a minimum yearly fee of R 1500.00 per year will be charged for the second year of hosting. Our hosting and maintenance updates are (CPI) and server licence price increases and USD/ZAR exchange rate related. We offer one hour of support via email per month. Additional support is charged at R 350.00 per hour. We do not allow access to the cpanel, and clients that want to access the administrator control panel need to arrange to move or migrate the webfiles away to their own service provider. Monthly fees need to be paid within 3 working days after the invoice date.
6. Webs shall not be liable for any illegal software or licenses installed or used by the client.
7. The costs of development and web design of the client's website, including HTML, PHP, or other coding, are not included in the yearly web hosting fee.
8. Clients may cancel the web hosting with 30 day's notice. A notice means emailing the notice to Webs. The client may then access the websites' main control panel to transfer the web property. Webs will not be responsible for the site migration to a new hosting company. The responsibility is for the new host to take care of software settings. It is also the client's responsibility when receiving the login details not to abuse or give out the login details to sources that cannot be trusted. In the case where a deposit has been paid, no refund will be calculated for registration fees, transfer fees, server setup fees, time spent on skype/phone meetings, software/template costs, or installation of said software/templates. In the case where a deposit has been paid, "the client," referred to as the legal person, may cancel the order after 14 days. A minimum administrative fee of 25% will be deducted from the deposit as the refund amount. In the case where the website has been made live, the "client" has 48 hours to test the website. After the 48-hour webs.co.za period, all outstanding payments must be made to keep the website live. Access to back-end usernames and passwords will be supplied after an access code of conduct form has been signed to access the backend. Access to the backend will only be granted after final payment has been made. Clients' websites will not be live if there are payments outstanding. For clients that are paying in installments, 24 x monthly payments need to be paid before a website can be migrated. Live training will be supplied via Skype to edit/update stock/prices, weight shipping, coupon system and process orders, i.e., manage the back-end of the shop admin. A training video will be made if required on the above.
9. Webs guarantees 99% server uptime per year for website hosting.
10. Upon accepting our quotation/or as ordered here, a minimum renewal hosting fee of R 900.00 per 12 months, including domain renewal (depending on the amount of products on the eCommerce website), is payable prior to the next year for domain renewal and hosting the website for one year. We will send a reminder email at least 7 days before the renewal date and payment is due. If we do not receive the renewal payment by the expiry date of the domain, we will not renew the domain, and the domain will expire. Our correspondence is via email only.
11. Webs shall provide the client with email (we do not supply desktop or mobile support to setup e-mail accounts; many tutorials are available to follow for your specific device), domain services, and/or web hosting services in accordance with the client’s choices or as chosen from here.
12. Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, the Client indemnifies and holds Webs harmless for any and all losses, injury, damage, penalties, costs on an attorney and own client scale, or claims of any kind arising from or in connection with the services hereby made available by webs.co.za
13. Webs reserves the right to take whatever action it deems necessary at any time to preserve the security and reliable operation of the network where the servers are hosted, and the client undertakes not to do or permit anything to be done which will compromise the security of the Webs server network.
We reserve the right to refuse service to anyone for any reason not prohibited by law. You may not use your hosted website for illegal, fraudulent, or unauthorised purposes, and you may not violate any laws in your jurisdiction. If we receive complaints that you are using the website for any illegal purposes, we will no longer host the website and you will need to host your website property elsewhere. We reserve the right to terminate service to any customer for any reason not prohibited by law. Any deliberate attempt to cause damage to our hosting servers, the network, or any other internet servers will result in immediate account deactivation without prior notice.
14. Our prices as advertised do not allow for custom changes to the template layouts or sub-test domain version of the website. The website is template-based. We include a link to demo templates when prices are quoted. Please inform us before placing an order. Templates have limitations on what can be customized. Changing fonts, default shopping cart action buttons or icons, or the core of the shopping cart process is a custom code development. We can only make changes that are within the constraints of the template.
15. The default flat rate shipping method allows a standard rate per item. All products have the same shipping cost. Customization to accommodate advanced shipping or courier API will include additional costs.
16. We build on Virtuemart and Woocommerce shopping carts, as well as Wordpress and Joomla CMS. Customization of the core shopping cart and functionality, for example, custom post taxonomy, check out buttons, text and colour changes, is not quoted in our prices.
17. Our business hours are from 9:00am to 5:00pm Monday through Friday, South Africa Time Zone (UTC+02:00).
18. Our preferred method of communication and support is via email and Skype for interactive visual communication.
19. Your product images need to be of good quality and a minimum size of 600px x 600px for a square image. Depending on if you have landscape or portrait images, try to keep them the same, like 800px x 600px for landscape or 600px x 800px for portrait. To upload all your images with the spreadsheet, you need to name the files in the spreadsheet and load the product images into wetransfer.com. We will then download them and upload them to the website. We only upload one version, not multiple versions, when products become available. If your images do not meet these requirements, we cannot proceed to complete the shopping cart. Your images should not pixelate and be of good quality. We do not re-work your images in an editing program. It is your responsibility to supply the correct formatted images. We do not resize images.
20. You are responsible for supplying all content, such as data, graphics, and photos, that is necessary for your website within a reasonable time-frame of 45 days. Exceeding the timeframe of 45 days, webs.co.za will add a charge of 1.5% to the outstanding amount.
21. Our development or website invoices are subject to being valid for 45 days. This does not include renewal fees for hosting, where the time-frame is exceeded. Webs.co.za will implement a price increase on the outstanding proforma invoice supplied of 1.5% on the 45-day reasonable time frame.
22. Any outstanding balance owed to webs.co.za for your use of our hosting services through the effective date of such termination will immediately become due and payable in full, and your website will be taken offline.
23. We at webs.co.za do not take responsibility for any losses incurred by the incorrect use of the backend access by the client. While every care has been taken to ensure products are problem-free and accurate, the ultimate responsibility lies with the client in ensuring that all software is functioning correctly before accessing the backend, compromising the login details or altering the code in the administrator part of the website. Webs.co.za does not allow cPanel login. The online graphical interface (GUI) needs to be signed before access will be allowed to migrate the files to your own account.
24. Backend access will only be allowed by signing an access agreement. Backend access is only allowed to access your products for editing or loading more products and processing orders. We recorded a video that you can follow. Other areas of the backend, like creating new pages, slideshows, editing pages, or any part of the backend not shown in the video, may not be accessed. Your access to the backend is exclusively to manage your shopping cart products and orders. Other areas of the website must be changed, managed, and updated by us. We do not teach you the skill of web design. You are responsible for uploading and editing your product details. Webs.co.za accepts no responsibility for any losses incurred as a result of website malfunctions caused by granting clients or any third party access to the website's backend.Cpanel access will only be allowed to the old website migrated to a new service provider to migrate website databases and related files to a new service provider. We do not support the website when it is migrated to third-party servers that we do not manage.
25. Google Play and Apple Store app development. For both Google Play and the iOS Apple Store, you would need to create an account. There are yearly subscription fees and hosting fees you need to pay for Google Play and iOS Apple and webs.co.za. An app submission is only valid on current website versions. For major changes to the website, a new app needs to be developed.